Local financial planners and wealth managers, Furnley House, are putting the finishing touches to their inaugural Summer Ball – and all in aid of Alex’s Wish.
Stefan Fura, Managing Director of Furnley House commented on the Ball saying,
“Furnley House is celebrating its 5th birthday this year and having recently held a great event with our staff last month to celebrate, we really wanted to do something to celebrate with our clients, staff, our families and of course all the friends of Furnley House.
“When we started to plan this event we saw a great opportunity for us to do something special for our chosen charity, Alex’s Wish. We wanted to put on a fantastic event for the Furnley House community and we all agreed that if we covered the cost of the event we could ensure that the full cost of ticket sales could go straight to Alex’s Wish. With the addition of some key partners such as B Audio Visual who also support Alex’s Wish, we have been able to enhance the night even further by adding some great entertainment!”
Stefan met Emma Hallam, founder of the charity and Mum to Alex, after whom Alex’s Wish is named, 12 months ago and was incredibly inspired and moved by her story. Adds Stefan,
“The courage Emma and her family has shown is incredible. I also noticed that there were many parallels between the charity and our business, with us starting at similar times and both having had similar growth whilst enhancing our impact. We decided that we wanted to support this cause as we could see the money we could raise would be put to great use. We could see that, as a community, we could help fund trials that could cure this horrible lift-limiting disease. In a world where so much is out of our control, it is great to be involved with a cause where our money can make a measurable difference and help end Duchenne!”
The Summer Ball takes place at Winstanely House in Leicester on the 23rd June and includes a 3-course meal and drinks, entertainment and a charity auction and raffle. “Our intentions are that before we sit down on Saturday 23rd June the ticket sales alone will have raised £15,000. Our hope is that on the night, with some fantastic auction prizes, raffle items and other attractions we can raise even more money! This whilst having a great night with some great people. We love to see lots of familiar faces but are looking forward to meeting new people on the evening too. Our hope is that the Furnley House Summer Ball will become a date for the diary for many summers to come,” said Stefan.
More information on the Summer Ball can be found here.
To find out more about Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Alex’s Wish please visit www.alexswish.co.uk
About Alex’s Wish
- Alex Wish is a registered charity (1148845) set-up in late 2012 to eradicate Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy – an aggressive muscle-wasting disease affecting 1 in every 3,500 boys born. Those affected are wheelchair bound in early teens and completely paralysed by late teens. It’s 100% fatal and children are unlikely to live beyond their twenties. Duchenne affects all cultures and countries – it is a worldwide problem. There is NO CURE or effective treatments that will help all children at present. However, a medical breakthrough is imminent.
- Alex’s Wish is part of a network of foundations and scientists dedicated to conquering Duchenne. We only invest in research that has been through a scientific advisory board and we only invest in research that has the best chance of curing or treating this generation of children.
- We are primarily interested in clinical trials and late-stage preclinical drug development. We are a Partner Charity to Duchenne UK https://www.duchenneuk.org/alexs-wish and a member of the Muscular Dystrophy UK’s Duchenne Forum http://www.musculardystrophyuk.org/progress-in-research/working-in-partnership/
- Since launch, Alex’s Wish has invested £400K in several research studies, clinical trials as well as helped increase clinical trial capacity in the UK to bring about new treatments – and ultimately a cure for all living with Duchenne.
- Alex’s Wish hold several flagship events throughout the year including The Charnwood Forest Cycle Ride, The Dandelion Ball, Charity Golf Day and London to Paris Cycle Ride.
- Emma Hallam is available for interview or for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07903 349475.